Structure and Organisation
The Director-General is the Chief Executive of the CSIR.
Functions of the Director-General include: policy issues; co-ordination; monitoring & evaluation; external relations including technical aid scheme and technical agreement; lobbying and advocacy and CSIR relations.
The Deputy Director-General is responsible to the Director-Gerenral for overseeing the development and execution of the research and development activities of the thirteen (13) institutes of the CSIR as well as the Council's programmes and projects; assists the Director-General in setting the research priorities of the Council in line with Government policy and acts for the Director General in his / her absence.
The Director of Administration is responsible to the Director-General for oversight /day-to-day administration of the Head Office including authorization of administration of administrative expenditure /remuneration management; Council matters including secretaryship to Council; human resource management of the CSIR; Communication of policies to Institutes; and monitoring policy implementation.
The Director of Finance is to advise the Director-General on all matters relating to Finance and Accounting; to advise the Directors of the Institutes of the Council on Financial and Accounting matters; advise on the preparation and submission of Annual, Personnel Emolument, Administrative Service and Development Estimate of the Institutes of the Council; and Preparations of Annual Consolidated Accounts and Balance Sheet of the Council after all the Accounts of the Institutes have been audited by their external Auditors.
• Animal Research Institute, Accra
• Building and Road Research Institute, Kumasi
• Crops Research Institute, Kumasi
• Food Research Institute, Accra
• Forestry Research Institute of Ghana, Kumasi
• Institute of Industrial Research, Accra
• Institute for Scientific and Technological Information, Accra
• Oil Palm Research Institute, Kusi- Kade
• Plant Genetic Resources Research Institute, Bunso
• Savanna Agricultural Research Institute, Nyankpala, Tamale
• Science and Technology Policy Research Institute, Accra
• Soil Research Institute, Kwadaso, Kumasi
• Water Research Institute, Accra